Well, I’ve been fortunate to have some semi-long weekends for the past three weeks and I’ve spent every free time doing paper work for school while watching LORD OF THE RINGS EXTENDED EDITIONS TRILOGY. LOL.
In the same vein, I’ve found myself watching films in the actual movie theater more times than I have in the past two years. Heh. I guess I’m becoming more of a movie buff than I’d imagined I would be. It’s no surprise really since nothing on TV ever interests me anymore — at least not on a Imustseetheshownomatterwhat basis.
Anyway, that being said, I just though of coming up with a list of movies I plan to watch or re-watch if and when I finally get over my Lord of the Rings additction (which may not be anytime soon, by the way).
FILMS TO SEE ASAP ONCE HAVE THE TIME: (aka after my LOTR fling is over)
1. SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE: Gaddangit! I’ve downloaded the movie months ago but haven’t found the time to watch it. It’s been winning awards left and right. I just hope I get to see it before it finally bags the much-coveted Academy Award.
2. FORREST GUMP: I’ve seen it before and can’t wait to watch it again especially after seeing Benjamin Button. The copy I bought is still covered in plastic waiting to finally be opened and appreciated.
3. THE BOY IN THE STRIPED PAJAMAS: I’m a WW2 film buff. I would watch anything with the theme of WW2. Add the angle of innocence of children and I’m a done deal. I just have to find a site to download it from. Any help?
MUST SEE FILMS IN THE MOVIE HOUSE:
1. Doubt: It seems like a thinking movie. My problem now is finding someone who’s willing to see it with me. It’s about a nun who tries to prove that one of the priests in their church has been molesting children. Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour-Hoffman? How could you not watch it?
2. Confessions of a Shopaholic: Why not? It looks fun and I fell in love with Isla Fisher after seeing her in Definitely, Maybe. I’ve seen the trailer and it definitely has that Bridget Jones’ Diary vibe to it. I can’t wait for it to come out.
3. Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen: Just because I was an 80s kid, I went out and saw Transformers. I’m not much of an action-flick girl but when I heard Optimus Prime speak in the movie, I felt shivers down my spine. Bwah! Nothing beats bringing back your childhood favorites to life.
4. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: This was one of my favorite books from the book series. I hope the movie doesn’t disappoint. I’ve never particularly liked any of the movie versions because they simply don’t do justice to the book. Nevertheless, I’m pretty sure that the HP fan in me will make me watch this movie on the very first day of showing.
5. Star Trek: Yep! I’m a closet Trekkie! ‘Nuff said.
SORT OF MUST SEE FILMS IN THE MOVIE HOUSE:
1. X-Men Origins: Wolverine: Who can resist the sexiness that is Hugh Jackman as Wolverine? It’s not the same team of X-Men but with my favorite character Gambit in the movie, I may end up watching it just the same.
2. G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra: I think I can still sing the theme on any given day. I may flub the lyrics here and there but the melody plays on my mind like a broken record. Hey! My Barbie dolls used to date my brother’s GI Joe action figures. Haha! I’ve seen the sneak peek. It’s not looking that good but I still may end up watching. Who knows what can happen when Channing Tatum is there. Hehe.